Nomad Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MultiPlayer

Go down

MultiPlayer Empty MultiPlayer

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Mon 26 May 2008, 21:10

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 01:33 am Post subject: MultiPlayer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A brief report on tonights two test battles on Multi Player.

1. Both battles played with no lag from my side. Marcus can answer from his side of the game.
2. Both battle replays played as the games played. No desynces and battle result screen shows at the end with the same kills as witnessed in the battles.
3. Intel v's Athlon XP....no problems at all. So we now know that we can play a game with the machines that we have now. Only a 1 v 1 test game played but would be interesting to see how a 2 v 2 would turn out.

These are the three good, positive points from the tests.

I had no problems with hosting the games other than having to restart the game after the battles. The GameSpy 'must' again. Unfortunately there is a rather long video to have to watch before you can get back to the Lobby.
Marcus had a problem trying to host, for whatever reason.

I found the game play to be very much easier than RTW. A bit confusing at first because I had forgotten most of the keyboard and mouse commands. I also have not found the Quick_chat in the Preferences file yet. But found it a novel way of selecting who you chat to during game... the 4 options at the top left of the screen, plus the different colour text for the different choice of Faction. Very neat.

The game graphics seem so much easier to the eye but would improve very much better with a better graphics card. My FX5200 is now an old card. The 7600GT would vastly improve the graphics.

All in all I believe we had an enjoyable few hours. I will leave Marcus to enlarge on this report.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 843
Location : Wales UK. In the mountains. Searching!! Searching!!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

MultiPlayer Empty Re: MultiPlayer

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Mon 26 May 2008, 21:10

^HUN^

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 10:52 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need more detailed info than that. How did spear units hold up against cav? Are they as bad as people say? Some have been hosting 'All' for precisely that reason, so they have a Pikeman alternative. Archers? Infantry? Speed? Factions? etc.
Game restart after every battle is pathetic. Does this apply to all or just the host?

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Mon 26 May 2008, 21:11

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 12:24 pm Post subject:

Having not tested all the factions, units etc on a one against one scenario I do not have the more detailed information you are looking for.
A first time online and in the space of two hours approx. just to see if we could play the game with the setups we have.
Further time and testing would be required to expand further on the game mechanics. This will come given time.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down