Nomad Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samurai Warlords patch 0904 - 17 august 2008 (tiny one)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Samurai Warlords patch 0904 - 17 august 2008 (tiny one) - Page 2 Empty Re: Samurai Warlords patch 0904 - 17 august 2008 (tiny one)

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Thu 21 Aug 2008, 11:35

barocca wrote:factions have 2 colours - primary/secondary , the dead colour changes are to do with the colours i selected,
IE: oda are no longer yellow/yellow, they are now yellow/orange,
the corpses are showing too much of the secondary colour, (overpowering primary)
Now I understand why there are two different colours. ht_bow

barocca wrote:EDIT - firefox is showing forum all messed up,
every post the text is different colours, some of them unreadable,
i just made this post blue - at least then i can read the text.
I have had this problem with Firefox, that is why I stick to Internet Explorer. I have posted about this in another post earlier on this forum.
I don't know why it does it but it seems to take the colour of the member post above.
Someone posting after me and their text is red. Posting after a moderator and their text is green.

I never did like Firefox although a lot of people sing its praises.
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 843
Location : Wales UK. In the mountains. Searching!! Searching!!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Samurai Warlords patch 0904 - 17 august 2008 (tiny one) - Page 2 Empty Re: Samurai Warlords patch 0904 - 17 august 2008 (tiny one)

Post by barocca Fri 22 Aug 2008, 23:36

age shall not weary them
nor the years condemn
at the going down of the sun
and in the morning
we shall remember them...

Samurai Warlords patch 0904 - 17 august 2008 (tiny one) - Page 2 Dead0310

after some testing the deadpages file i can edit IN the old shogun and MI corpses,
although resolution will not be as good as it was in shogun,
nor will the majority display any faction colour at all, they will be generic,
for units ported/modded from Medieval i will recolour their dead so that primary colour is PRIMARY colour,
but will try to use units showing only a little colour.

INTEREST in the Mod
the staff at org talk amongst themselves in a dank basement lit by a single 15watt globe,
sanitation is dreadfull and the food awfull - the grog, however, is palatable (after half a dozen schooners of it anyway),
FEAR NOT - Staff at org are loving the pre-lim screenies,
i send them some different to those posted in the SamWars forum, and some the same

I am SURE that once we have a release and go all out putting some excellent mini screenies into our sigs over there that we will see more people online.

just by coincidence there is an upcoming screenshot wallpaper comp over at the org
i will try to have these deadpages finished ASAP (only this very morning (90mins ago) figured out how to do it)
(honestly, the screenie comp ... it's a coincidence ... it's not even MY idea - heehee)

ht_bow

barocca
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 00:29

barocca wrote: after some testing the deadpages file i can edit IN the old shogun and MI corpses,
although resolution will not be as good as it was in shogun,
nor will the majority display any faction colour at all, they will be generic,
for units ported/modded from Medieval i will recolour their dead so that primary colour is PRIMARY colour,
but will try to use units showing only a little colour.
This is better than expected. An excellent job.

INTEREST in the Mod
the staff at org talk amongst themselves in a dank basement lit by a single 15watt globe,
sanitation is dreadfull and the food awfull - the grog, however, is palatable (after half a dozen schooners of it anyway),
FEAR NOT - Staff at org are loving the pre-lim screenies,
i send them some different to those posted in the SamWars forum, and some the same
Nice to hear. Smile

I am SURE that once we have a release and go all out putting some excellent mini screenies into our sigs over there that we will see more people online.
A brilliant idea. Even if we all have different mini screenies in sigs. That would show a good collection to try to encourage more people to want to see what it plays like.

just by coincidence there is an upcoming screenshot wallpaper comp over at the org
i will try to have these deadpages finished ASAP (only this very morning (90mins ago) figured out how to do it)
(honestly, the screenie comp ... it's a coincidence ... it's not even MY idea - heehee)
ht_bow
What a coincidence. cheers
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 02:05

Are we testing this on the weekend?
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by barocca Sat 23 Aug 2008, 02:06

^Glyndwr^ wrote:What a coincidence. cheers
i have a bridge for sale too... guaranteed* to get you across any river,
for sale cheap!

*(providing said river <5metres width)

barocca
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by barocca Sat 23 Aug 2008, 02:08

^HUN^ wrote:Are we testing this on the weekend?
i have not finished yet, the two eldest boys bio-dad is in hospital today, i had to collect the boys last night (lots of excitement for boys), so we have the boys this weekend and next (as well as last), today is a nice windy day, off to see kites fly we are ht_bow

barocca
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 09:44

No problem. I was wondering because 9.04 has not been tried yet online. I'll look into the lobby.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 12:09

barocca wrote: i have a bridge for sale too... guaranteed* to get you across any river,
for sale cheap!
Thanks anyway, I already have three of them, and none of them work right affraid

Will check iinto the lobby Sunday for anyone interested in beating me in 0904 tongue
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Marcus Cornelius^ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 18:54

Hello,
I am back from Holidays.
I knew you did a great work in these weeks.
I am available for testing the new Mongol Mod and help you . Just give me hints on how to install last version.
I will be on MSn today night and tomorrow and monday if you want to cantact me.

Marcus
^Marcus Cornelius^
^Marcus Cornelius^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 20:18

Good to have you back Marcus and hope you had a restful time. The mod has moved along quite a bit, as you can see. We are currently using version 9.04. I would suggest copying a fresh game folder and installing beta8. Put 9.03 directly over that, then add the 9.04 update.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 20:25

Hiya Marcus Very Happy

I believe we are at clean install of MTW/VI v2.01 with SamuraiWarlords_beta8 (not 8.1)

Download and install 0904 patch to the main game folder (accept write overs).

http://www.mediafire.com/?tim0zaogetl

Add latest mappack (upgraded with new maps) to your Battle/Maps folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyn91m0h12m

You should then see both Samurai Warlords 0903, and Samurai Warlords 0904, on the Era Select page. And maps ^^coastal assault, and ^^The Shrine, in your game maps. If this is all correct, then you are there sunny

Edit ^Glyndwr^: As new additional maps are added the download link address changes.
Please use the ^^Maps sticky to download maps.
Wink

Last edited by ^Glyndwr^ on Fri 29 Aug 2008, 19:49; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : v2.01)
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 21:55

^Kazemoto^ wrote:
Download and install 0904 patch to the main game folder (accept write overs).
Sharper than me... Embarassed ....erm...
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Sun 24 Aug 2008, 00:32

Welcome back Marcus. coffee_n_news
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by barocca Sun 24 Aug 2008, 00:36

the deadpages are progressing, albeit slowly,
part of the problem is while i can edit the file holding the corpses, i cannot changes the co-ordinate txts,
the maths does not work, no amout of fiddling with the co-ords provided will match with the image seen.

i suspect an algorithm exists in the hardcode, i suspect what we now have is not what we were originally going to have (and i am talking pre-shogun here, because its the same insane math in shogun and warlords,)
(except warlords is WORSE because it's drawing from images across multiple files (which makes my head spin))

anyway to get all the dead into the image file i am using a fudge method from my rebuild of the warlords graphics set (when they gave us the clown naginata - i rebuilt the animation and crammed 3 distinct units into 1 file),

because the co-ords are non-sensical i am forced to test each and every time i put any angle (figure) in the file,
i found that if i make assumptions they are generally wrong and if i make assumptions i spend more time bug fixing my assumptions that getting real work done,
so it's one angle at a time, test and restest...

the other part of the problem is we have more horses in use than the designers allowed for,
heck even VI has too many horses,
i am, however, confident that i can get all our horse types into the file
(MI-Hkav, MI-Lkav, Black, Light, Armoured, Samurai and Monk - with one type to spare if we need it later)

ht_bow

barocca
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Sun 24 Aug 2008, 00:40

No problems with the colour mismatch barocca.
I have been looking at some old VI replays and even they were changing colours when 'dead'.
I think we can live with this. Don't want to create too much work otherwise other things could go wrong.
It was just that I thought I would post what I had seen while testing. study
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by barocca Sun 24 Aug 2008, 02:36

the colour change is not a big problem, i am fixing it as i go,
the whole thing would be easy if the co-ordinates matched can be seen in the file,
then i could remake the file in the resolution i want,
but they dont,
so it's tiny dead sprites, now i just want enough so i can make different unit classes look different
(all part of the visual appeal)
(the same reason i made sooo many different models for villages)
(which i noticed the translations have mostly been busted, and quite a few huts dont show at all)
(so i'll have to fix that up too later)
(just another thing to add to the todo list...)
ht_bow

barocca
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sun 24 Aug 2008, 23:15

Played a good few battles tonight and we all agree the gameplay is very, very good. Neither side is overpowered and the Mongols are introducing so much to reinvigorate this mod. None of the battles tonight felt similar Smile and the thought of 3v3 or 4v4 with this ...now that would be nice.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Marcus Cornelius^ Mon 25 Aug 2008, 17:49

Hello,
I did some single players tests on shootout.
1 Mongol Crossbow vs 1 Japanese Teppo.
Crossbow always wins.

Imo this is an unbalance in shoot out in favour of Mongols:
- is it planned an equal to mongol Japanese crossbow?
- or is it planned to cost much the crossbow?
- or will you will leave as it is?

Marcus
^Marcus Cornelius^
^Marcus Cornelius^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Mon 25 Aug 2008, 20:14

Song crossbows have a pavise type shield. I'd prefer to see the Teppo winning. There are other units due, Ashi crossbows, Ashi archers, Katana samurai, so there is plenty to look forward to.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Marcus Cornelius^ Mon 25 Aug 2008, 20:32

Hello hun,
You can add as many types of missiles as you want, but if clear there is one that is superior and faction typical, the shootout is always won by that faction, and the initiative will always be on that faction side. The factions must be equivalent in weak and strength, if not in units stats, during the shoutout, or the game will be clearly unbalanced.

I did some tests (about 5) and always cb won the duel with 40-50 survivors. and they have advantage in rain also!

Imo, if the things remains like that you risk you will always have games consisting in Mongol factions with 4 cb.

Marcus
^Marcus Cornelius^
^Marcus Cornelius^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Marcus Cornelius^ Mon 25 Aug 2008, 20:38

Well thare atre examples for what I am saying in every TW game:
in MTW most of armies always had 4 pavise,
in RTW egyption archers put that faction out of rules -> no egyptiian faction allowed,
in MTW2 factions with musketeers were ruling.

So it is a 6 years lasting issue ...

marcus

Marcus
^Marcus Cornelius^
^Marcus Cornelius^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by barocca Mon 25 Aug 2008, 20:57

ashi-xbow and song x-bow are clones with the exception of the pavisse,
i will see if i can add a pavisse to ashi-xbows (and realists be damned)
(or perhaps give ashi-xbow some armour)
ACTUALLY i can "declare" a shield, without there actually "being" one on display,
and i can make it "no mellee" (i.e. it's only for missile defence)

xbows have armour piercing

do we really want long drawn out shootout aka napoleonic style battles?
or fire and manouver?

almost done with deadpages, (only sambows and ninja to go)
(and i am being fussy with displayed image, but not fussy about seeing dead from all diff angles,)
(when you rotate around a dead man you usually only see the one angle anyway)

then it's reassign guard units to Yuan,
hopefully all ready for this coming weekend.

also seeing kgaurds are going all Yuan on us,
do you want me to make new K'swords < nodachi ?? (for 5/6/700k??)
and new K'poles < naginata ??
(will TRY to have them in by weekend also)

the best Teppo is a ....
Samurai Warlords patch 0904 - 17 august 2008 (tiny one) - Page 2 Teppo312
(this screenie is of almost finished teppo - must remember take screenies of finished product...)
ht_bow

barocca
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Mon 25 Aug 2008, 21:29

I agree, this needs to be looked at. Teppos should beat Song crossbows. Samurai archers and Korean archers should be equal in missile but Samurai better in melee. Yuan Imperial archers are also part of the infantry structure, like the VI hybrid units, used in shoot outs weakens its potential. Ashi units will give Japanese some cheap missile unit choice.

We also have to be wary of giving the Japanese too much advantage, Mongol cav is not substantially superior and shoot outs rarely see a conclusion before an offensive move that instigates the melee.

In the case of Teppo v Song crossbow, that should definitely be teppo.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Mon 25 Aug 2008, 21:57

Korean swords ... 600 koku ... weaker than Nodachi.
Korean guards ... 700 koku ... weaker than Naginata.

The Teppo issue is more a case that Japanese have no answer to Mongol arrows. If they lose against Song crossbows, they will lose against all the other archer types. Without some hope of inflicting losses, gaining advantage, the japanese will be forced to rush.
I'm all in favour of tactical manoeuvre, but I also see the virtue in a skirmish phase.
NB:
By skirmish, I mean flurries at certain points along the front, attacks being driven back, countering HA, not two lines of guns banging away for ten minutes. The skirmish phase always exists, testing the opponents mettle, looking for weak spots.

I'd be more than happy for a battle to have many skirmish phases and manoeuvre before the troops go in. I'd love an intense two hour battle.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2