Nomad Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good game, bad lobby

Go down

Good game, bad lobby Empty Good game, bad lobby

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Tue 27 May 2008, 16:40

^HUN^

Posted: 01 Nov 2005 09:45 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I become more and more disillusioned with MP lobby. The game is great and many battles are great also. Too often, 'rude' players make me feel like quitting the game. I realise that doing this after joining, army selection etc, would amount to wasted time but I have had my fill of in game insults. It is a pity, I enter the lobby some nights, looking forward to a few games. Then I see all the "GOGOGOGO", "WHO WE WAITING ON?", "THIS IS GAY" and I feel like logging off. How the MP can be rescued is beyond me but I do not see me remaining in games with stuff like this, I lose all interest when this happens.

Last edited by ^Glyndwr^ on Tue 03 Jun 2008, 22:35; edited 1 time in total
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 843
Location : Wales UK. In the mountains. Searching!! Searching!!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Good game, bad lobby Empty Re: Good game, bad lobby

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Tue 27 May 2008, 16:40

Posted: 02 Nov 2005 02:22 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is unfortunate that this is the type of player that appears to be trying to take over the Lobby.
Rather than exit a game, we must find a way of stopping this type of behaviour.
Perhaps a few 'Bans' or 'Sorry we don't need your type' may be the answer to this.
We can but try to see if it will eventually get these players to be more polite.
I have noticed a few players that I would consider to be fair and polite joining our games.
It seems to be just the few who cause problems. IMO.

Last edited by ^Glyndwr^ on Tue 03 Jun 2008, 22:35; edited 1 time in total
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Tue 27 May 2008, 16:41

^HUN^

Posted: 02 Nov 2005 05:32 pm

I do see your point Glyndwr and these 'impatient/rude' players are so often very good players, which only makes it more of a shame. Courtesy costs nothing and waiting that extra minute or so for someone to decide, whether it be army selection or deployment is neither here nor there. I just cannot understand all the 'hurry up' attitude. I would love to see the old STW patience and politeness return, every game back then was a pleasure regardless of whether you were victorious or defeated

Last edited by ^Glyndwr^ on Tue 03 Jun 2008, 22:36; edited 1 time in total
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Toda Watanabe

Posted: 05 Dec 2005 08:11 pm Post subject: Agree,But I am the lucky one !!

My foyer has stopped working,I can type away all good..but i get no replies from anybody..lol.I cant even see anything..
maybe it's a good thing as b4 when it was working it was as you all put it("getting a little tiresome").
Only people to blame there is the game makers as they seem to be able to pick any age they want as a guideline for censorship..& they want money so we are stuck with the kid stuff !!
Unfortunatley it was only to be expected after having it on tv at a b4 bedtime time..
Great tactics !!

Last edited by ^Glyndwr^ on Tue 03 Jun 2008, 22:38; edited 1 time in total
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

^HUN^

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 07:01 pm

Sorry Toda, we were not aware that you have not heard the latest news. After some complaints about racist remarks ( and a possible law suit ), CA have switched off the chat facility in the lobby. PM chat still works but since the release of BI, the PM chat does not seem to be functioning properly. When you select a player name, click the mouth symbol and then the ear and PM chat is shown in orange. You should be able to select more than one player, then hit the ear symbol to 'group chat' but for some reason, only the last player selected gets to see the chat......Not good I know.

I think that lobby chat is still working in the comp lobby but trying to have a conversation in amongst other conversations is a bit like trying to talk in a loud nightclub. There is a patch on the horizon, hopefully CA have addressed this sorry mess.

Last edited by ^Glyndwr^ on Tue 03 Jun 2008, 22:40; edited 1 time in total
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Tue 27 May 2008, 16:42

Posted: 07 Dec 2005 12:33 pm

I should have posted earlier in reply to Toda's post.

When I saw it, just after he had posted, I explained to him what had happened regarding the Lobby chat.
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down