The tent of the Khan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The tent of the Khan

Post by Nigel on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 19:01

The curtain is drawn apart and Nigel-san, the honourable ronin, enters the big tent in the centre of the Nomads camp and bows courteously. Jochi Khan returns the greeting and points to a cushion next to him.

Without further words Nigel draws two scrolls from the sleeve of his kimono and opens them in front of the Khan.

The first one shows a map of the land with the provinces held by the different clans.
Spoiler:

The second one contains the clan names and some info on the Nomads
Spoiler:

“Jochi, my valued friend,” says Nigel, “you can see here which clans are powerful in our land. The honourable Elite Force Clan is the strongest and will probably move up one tier in the next season. The other clans I do not know and have never heard of.

We, like true nomads, hold no provinces at all, but move freely over the land at this time. But I can see that our marker is placed on the map. So let me ask you, and the other Nomad warlords as well: Do you plan to take over the province where it is placed and establish our rule there? Or shall we remain nomadic and just not care about taking provinces in this land?"

N.B. I have started to post this thread in a “role playing” style, because I just felt it fun to do that. Please feel free to do the same if you like, or just post in your “normal way” if you don’t like the role playing.
Nigel
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The tent of the Khan

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ on Fri 08 Apr 2011, 17:02

I will enlarge on this reply later.

Just to confirm what I said in game-chat last night about large clans (600+ in total)...

our clan we have 20+ players active throughout the week. Sometimes we have 4 or 5 players focus just on one province and hammer it out like crazy and even then we just can't win the province. The public group in our tier even though they suck extremely, simply outnumber us :/
and this from a smaller clan who far outnumber us ^Nomads^

Edit 9 April'11:Something to read
Information about Clan Competition.

http://blogs.sega.com/totalwar/2011/03/09/multiplayer-the-clan-competition-and-you/

Last edited by ^Jochi Khan^ on Sun 10 Apr 2011, 00:08; edited 2 times in total

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard--call it conscience--
......not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds
...................................let the battle begin....
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Retired
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://www.nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ on Fri 08 Apr 2011, 22:26

^HUN^ steps out of the shadows, taking a huge gulp of airag to clear the dust of many days' riding from his parched throat.
"Nigel my old friend, it does my heart good to see you again. I trust you are well?"
He could see both surprise and disappointment in Nigel's eyes. Perhaps his friend still remembered him as he once was, a proud leader of cavalry; not the older and somewhat weaker figure in the flickering shadows of the warm ger.
"Yes, many years have passed and for too long, black powder reigned supreme on the battlefield. There was no place for my horse archers in this carnage, I would not command them to ride to their deaths. Instead, I led them far away to a place where we have known only peace. Great victories are but distant memories, like the time I watched your archers draw and loose, draw and loose as my cavalry rode like demons, chaos all around. When the dust settled and noise subsided, there they were, to a man still clutching their bows, unscathed.
Time has not been kind, it seems that clans can dominate by virtue of simply spending all their time on the field and by sheer numbers. A strange decision and one that makes me question its worth, ^Jochi^ has seen this, I know.
For my part, I see no reason to hold land or attempt to seize land from rival clans until there is change. For the meantime at least, it is time to return to the days we spent on Roman soil. Many victories were ours as we forged our Nomadic destiny, land was only needed for grazing. We held fixed, settled life with contempt! Who can lay claim to the Earth Mother?"
^HUN^ shrugged his shoulder, trying to ease the nagging pain from an old wound. His gaze fixed on the bow hanging on the wall of the ger and for a moment, he was riding at speed with the clamour of battle in his ears.
With a sigh, he shook himself out of his reverie.

^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel on Sun 17 Apr 2011, 20:49

“Indeed, my friend, I am truly glad to see you again.” replays Nigel-san. The unfamiliar feeling in his palm from pressing HUN’s hand still lingers. Unfamiliar because, once muscular and powerful, it now felt bony and thin. Clearly the lack of exercise and action has taken a hard toll on his old friend. But a slight relieve comes over Nigel when he looks deep into his eyes. A small glimmer of the old fire is still visible and Nigel knows the once proud warrior may still pull himself back up and into the saddle when the time will be ripe.

But for now, indeed, there seems little point in even trying to go against the type of clans which currently rule the land. Reports like those that Jochi Khan has given, have come in from other sides, too.

“So be it. Let us continue to roam freely and without trying to take a homeland for now. We can ride with our friends until the wind of change either blows away the massive upstart clans, or takes us to a place where the values of old are still held in high esteem.

I have not lost hope that such a day will come.”

Nigel
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 15:37

Some weeks after this conversation has happened, Nigelsan enters the tent again, this time in full riding gear.

“Well, my friends, I have had enough of the waiting and am off to a new adventure.”
He pulls a map from his kimono and spreads it out on the fur covered floor of the ger.

“I have opened the road to a new land at the Org and will go there and see if adventure and honourable fighters can be found. Join me if you like, any one of my friends will be most welcome there. It is time to take matters into our own hands.“

Nigel
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top