Nomad Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Truth about Empire

+2
^HUN^
^Tomisama^
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Truth about Empire Empty The Truth about Empire

Post by ^Tomisama^ Thu 05 Mar 2009, 03:16

We’re friends, so I got to tell you the truth right?

Well, the truth in my humble opinion is that Empire Total War looks to be pretty much the best damn game that Creative Assembly has come out with yet!

It is awesome, incredible, and fabulous, worth every penny you can manage to squeeze out to get the best machine you can, with the best graphics you can manage.

Just my personal opinion mind you, but playing this game in the Total War mode, it handles very much like MTW/VI, but with the very best graphics you have ever seen.

I’m sure there are still some bugs, I didn’t see any, but there always are some. But even if there are, I have to say that in all respects, including the automatic match finder (oh yes this works great), Empire is undoubtedly head and shoulders above any game I have ever played in my whole life.

Yup, that’s what I said Wink
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

The Truth about Empire Empty Re: The Truth about Empire

Post by ^HUN^ Thu 05 Mar 2009, 21:50

Is it released then? I must admit to showing no interest in ETW whatever, I don't see the TW engine lending itself to Napoleonic style warfare and have always thought it was better suited to ancient warfare and quite honestly, I lose interest in warfare once the 'gun' has been introduced. That and the fact that CA have ripped me off too many times in the past, it would need to be an exceptional 'Warring States' timescale or similar to rekindle my interest.
As for the quality of gameplay, it is far too early. The bugs, I am sure, will appear thick and fast once MP has been running for a month or so and when ( two patches later ) the stupid exploits persist, the superficial gloss may have tarnished.

With luck, CA will go back to some ancient timeline, though I doubt they will ever remember or reproduce the simplicity that made STW such a great game.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Fri 06 Mar 2009, 17:33

MP sounds absolute rubbish.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Fri 06 Mar 2009, 23:45

This.....
Also a steam problem which is why baz couldn't join other peoples games I discovered is infact due to location. Americans can't play with europeans for instance. It's all to do with where you set your location to in steam so everyone will need to change to the same continent if they want to play together
posted on .org.....doesn't make it look all that promising. Talk about splitting the MP community. Shocked
How the hell would we be able to play games even just amongst ourselves the ^Nomads^. Evil or Very Mad
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 843
Location : Wales UK. In the mountains. Searching!! Searching!!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sat 07 Mar 2009, 00:07

I'd not been on .org for ages so I payed a visit to see the feedback. Quite possibly the worst online offering yet.
Another Total War shambles.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sat 07 Mar 2009, 01:33

^Glyndwr^ wrote:This.....
Also a steam problem which is why baz couldn't join other peoples games I discovered is infact due to location. Americans can't play with europeans for instance. It's all to do with where you set your location to in steam so everyone will need to change to the same continent if they want to play together
posted on .org.....doesn't make it look all that promising. Talk about splitting the MP community. Shocked
How the hell would we be able to play games even just amongst ourselves the ^Nomads^. Evil or Very Mad

"Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

The people doing all the talking are all experts right?

I'm not sure about why this has been said, it may or may not be true, but most likely misunderstood. I have seen more total baloney spread in the past few days that in all my years in Total War. Some people making statements who don't even have the game, it's insane! Even normally rational people not understanding the giant step forward that this game has brought, complaining about things they don't understand anything about. Once they have had a chance to learn this “totally new game”, maybe they will stop this ridiculousness. It’s enough to turn you into a single player tongue

In engineering we simply can it; “operator error”, as a nice way to say that it was not the fault of the system, or machine, or device, or the programming...
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Sat 07 Mar 2009, 11:56

I shall reserve my judgment until when/if I am able to play this new game.
Until I have been able to run the demo and see for myself how it looks I will not be buying the full version.
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sun 08 Mar 2009, 23:43

I don't hear anyone saying there is a dedicated lobby that is user friendly. That is a backward step. Doing something positive to eliminate any chance of operator error should be the priority, not change for changes sake.
As for seeing rules introduced already, just tells me that things are not so good.....yet again. Is this a surprise? No.
I guess it'll be patched in six months time and then the second patch will be available for purchase, with the expansion pack.

...And then it will be shelved and forgotten while everyone talks about the next total war release.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Thu 12 Mar 2009, 10:55

The first patch has already been auto installed, and there will be many fixes coming, not just the familiar two patches.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/47908/t/Empire-Total-War-Update-information.html

This totally different way of post development game management is made possible by the Steam system.

You logon and your game is updated, that’s it!

All the time you are fighting against it, I am playing 4v4s with old friends on both land and sea.
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Thu 12 Mar 2009, 17:17

^Kazemoto^ wrote:All the time you are fighting against it, I am playing 4v4s with old friends on both land and sea.

^HUN^ wrote:I must admit to showing no interest in ETW whatever, I don't see the TW engine lending itself to Napoleonic style warfare and have always thought it was better suited to ancient warfare and quite honestly, I lose interest in warfare once the 'gun' has been introduced.

Maybe CA will revert to a better timeframe, Ancient China or even a decent attempt at Rome. Modern warfare holds no interest.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Fri 13 Mar 2009, 00:44

A quick update....

I have now played a Land battle and Sea battle on the Demo, victory on both occasions.

I did find the controls a little strange at first due to playing so much SW lately but having played both RTW and M2TW some of the moves were similar. I have to agree with ^Kazemoto^ that this new engine is far superior to what we have used in the past games.

Having now also installed the full game (two DVD's) and played just one battle to test it (that the install has been done correctly) perhaps after a week or so to get used to it I will be able to give a more in depth/detailed report of what I think. I do like the choice of turning off marker arrows etc in the Options.

I did find it a bit strange not having to put the DVD in the drive in order to play the game.
Old habits die hard. Surprised
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Fri 13 Mar 2009, 23:26

Better engine maybe, awful timeframe none the less. It's just a pity they had to choose this era.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Marcus Cornelius^ Sat 14 Mar 2009, 13:18

Hello friends,
its a long time I am not here in this lobby, due to crash of my home pc.
I planned to buy a new one next week.
So I within few days I will be on ETW also.

Reading your last comments, it seems worth.
So see you soon on msn ... and on battlefields.

Marcus
^Marcus Cornelius^
^Marcus Cornelius^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sat 14 Mar 2009, 21:21

I've watched some ETW on youtube. Please tell me the so called improvement, because everything I witnessed was a repeat of M2TW or RTW. Similar map structure, silly, waving waist high grass and the same silly unit movement characteristics. I saw a cav charge routed by infantry who suddenly produced long, pointed stakes and a naval battle....only comment I have about that one.....awful.
All this combined with a lobby that has to be created, a virtual lobby that isn't really a lobby, I fail to see any improvement.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Thu 19 Mar 2009, 22:38

The latest reports on MP make sorry reading. So players can modify stats and play online without causing desync Rolling Eyes
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by BHCKingWarman88 Tue 24 Mar 2009, 15:12

Yup, I am very disapponted with ETW lobby wise and that. You need a lobby to see who is on and that. Can't just use the Stream list....

Plus with the stat problem and the American/European players and that, I expereinced this first hand with some of my European clannies, I think CA screwed up big time here.

Gameplay imo is really good to be honest..... But, I don't think it can live up to full potenial until they

1. Add in a damn Lobby
2. Fix MP unit stats problems
3. Fix the Player Location problems

BHCKingWarman88

Number of posts : 31
Job/hobbies : I got no Life :-)
Interests : Total War
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Tue 24 Mar 2009, 20:17

Unit stats as in you can mod your units and still play without desync you mean?
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by KenchiNem Tue 31 Mar 2009, 23:41

Hun,

I know where you are comming from but we must at least give it a chance. I have heard some very good and bad pionts about the game, but if it has a good engine thats the most important criteria needed to make it work.

I remember the bugfest mtw was when it was released, as i'm sure we all do, but look how fondly it's remembered now.

Until I buy it and play it I can't give an opinion, if I did i'd have to join Takiyama Wink

KenchiNem

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Tue 31 Mar 2009, 23:54

Hi KenchiNem

Welcome back to the forum. Smile

It's been a long time since your last visit.
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Wed 01 Apr 2009, 00:31

Hiya Nem Very Happy

Saw your post over at Hunters also, but no time to say anything.

There are rumors galore concerning this game...but the truth is that I have 40 Clan Teams in a dual competition over at Clan Wars. Each Team is required to have 6 members (4 to play and 2 backups) to be allowed to compete. That's a minmum of 240 players engaged in practicing for this major event.

I have a special forum for reporting problems due to software, hardware, or internet, function or performance.
There are no posts there!

http://clanwars3540.yuku.com/directory

There are hundrededs and hundreds of people who have and are playing this game online, not all games are perfect (some variations in lag, some with out any lag at all) but they are all having fun, in spite of the fact that not all of the fixes are in yet.

That's the truth about Empire!
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Wed 01 Apr 2009, 11:42

I have a special forum for reporting problems due to software, hardware, or internet, function or performance.
There are no posts there!

Did get one today.

It has not caused any problems so far, but may become a serious issue in 4v4 tournament games.
STEAM is performing servers conservation every day around 22GMT (usually it makes people loosing connection at 21:30-22:30 GMT)
Can you imagine what may happen to every tournament if it remains unchanged......
I have big doubts here as we re simply forced to start battles around 18GMT and after the break we ll go deep into night hours playing tie-breaker. Hours mentioned above should be simply avoided if we do not want to have complaint festival here.
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Wed 01 Apr 2009, 15:28

Thanks for the info ^Kazemoto^

So that would explain why my Steam connection was lost during a conversation with Marcus when we were trying to set up a game to test joining.
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sat 04 Apr 2009, 21:31

Hello Nem,
I know what you mean but too much change. Unless the MP experience is a simple, straight forward procedure, there is little chance of a community as there used to be. I read reports of thousands playing this game yet that could quite easily be just twenty MP and the rest on SP.. Forgetting my lack of interest in this era, the whole thing sounds too messed up and fragmented IMO.
At the very least a few old names have reappeared and it's good to see Kenchi enjoying a bit of a revival.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sun 05 Apr 2009, 14:14

^HUN^ wrote:The latest reports on MP make sorry reading. So players can modify stats and play online without causing desync Rolling Eyes
As I have already said, there are rumors galore flying around the community, these are being spread sponsored by people who in some cases don’t even have the game, and in others by people who don’t know how to play the game (it is all new and requires study).

As far as cheating goes, I have seen the rumors, but no proof at all, only the paranoid delusions of people who have lost a game because they don’t know how to choose units properly, or how to use unit upgrades.

Besides Steam has an automatic, permanent, irrevocable, ban function, for anyone who would risk modifying their game.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?s=ee794f829be54b6d8f99bae950510307&ref=7849-RADZ-6869
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sun 05 Apr 2009, 14:18

Gee, I wonder if the game is a success?

Current Players...Peak Today...Game
20,349...23,525...Empire: Total War

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

People joining groups to provide an online identity.

The dot com group today at 1,788.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/empiretotalwar

The dot org group today at 223.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/etwmp

The Gammer Replay group today at 231.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamereplays

And many mant more...

I personally have 35 friends, 6 are in a game, I think I will go join them.
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next